Thursday, October 30, 2008

Good morning! I have been a bad blogger of late and haven't posted in a while! I have been dealing with a sick little man, so scrapping, blogging, (and pretty much everything else) has kind of fallen to the wayside! I did manage to squeak this little card out for KWerner's design challenge this week.
Kinda wild isn't it! Oh well! I used my new embossing folder and inked the raised surfaces to get the colour combo ( red ink on orange and black ink on white paper) and it turned out looking pretty darn cool! I didn't have any sage coloured ribbon so I used more of a lime green instead.
To update you, the Wiggles concert was great- TX loved it! I think he was fighting the cold already as he was really sedate during the concert- he kinda just stared at the stage in a trance like state! GG did well, she tolerated a lot and I am pretty sure I can guarantee she was the only 93 yr old there! I am hoping to do something with the photos soon and will post when I can!
Have a great day!
Kate

7 comments:

Deanna said...

Cute love the houndstooth!

Lindsay said...

Love the card... nice use of texture!

Sam said...

Hi Kate,

Your card is really groovy! I have been wanting to try that technique of inking the raised surface of the cuttlebug folders for ages...maybe this weekend now I have inspiration!

My kids also kinda stare at the wiggles entranced. It's almost like they are thinking...why are those grown men up there on stage in skivvies making fools of themselves?? ;-). We have tixs to see their show here in the ACT in December...can't wait :-)!

All the best,
Sam.

Kimberley said...

Great card!!
Something about kids and concerts. My dd was wild because we had Hannah Montana tickets last winter with the Jonas Bros and she woke up that morning with a major fever!
We gave her Tylenol and she slept all the way there and all the way home but she wasn't missing it for the world. Kids eh?!

Vicki said...

Wow! Awesome card!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! I love the bright colours!! Makes me smile! :)

Vicki said...

Thanks for the comment...you know what the"exciting" stuff is!